Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Why Hindus have so many gods?

A Devotee : Namaste, I am in software industry and I get opportunities to go to US and meet our clients. Offline discussions, some times, turns into our Religion and Culture. Common question that most of the people ask is, "Why Hindus have so many gods?". How do I
answer this question? One of the answers that I got was "Hindus have one God and many Gods that we pray are symbolic representation". But, this answer does not convince me. So, please let me know how do I answer this question.
His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar : Our body is created by one cell, that one cell multiplies and becomes eye, brain etc. different impulses of intelligence. Our ancient people knew all this like 7 colours of the white line.
Similarly, there are many attributes of one parmatman, those attributes are called by various names.

No comments: